Queen of the Most Holy Rosary parish
often called “Holy Rosary” was established in 1947. The property was
originally New Orpington Lodge and later renamed as St. George’s Receiving
Home. It was the main location for the Catholic British Home Children
emigrating to Canada. It closed in 1935. During World War II,
the Canadian government rented the buildings.
We have a long history of supporting those in need from all faiths - first
the British Home Children, immigrants from World War II, a Project 4000
family, a family fleeing crisis in the Middle East and more recently through
the formation of the Circle of Friends. Led by Holy Rosary
parishioners, it is group of people from all faiths who help newcomers and
refugees. More recently, we have started a Social Justice Housing
Project which we hope to launch soon pending approval and funding.